Terms and conditions
Last updated: 30 March 2023.
1. What is New World Clubcard?
- New World Clubcard (“Clubcard”) is a loyalty programme operated by Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited (“Foodstuffs” “us” “we” “our”) for New World customers who become Clubcard members.
- By signing up to be a Clubcard member, you agree to our terms and conditions.
- We may change or update our terms and conditions from time to time. We will let you know by email or via the New World app when we do this. You can also check online at clubcard.co.nz to see the latest version of Clubcard terms, or request a copy by calling 0800 80 70 70. If you continue to use Clubcard after we update our terms, you will be deemed to agree with those new terms.
- Sometimes we may also run Clubcard promotions or competitions. These will have separate terms and conditions that you would need to agree with to enter.
2. What does Clubcard offer?
- The purpose of Clubcard is to offer you two types of specials and benefits not available for other New World customers. These include:
- 1. Transaction Benefits
- “Club Deals” which give you a discount on a range of selected products instore and online which are only available to Clubcard members;
- Special Clubcard member only offers, promotions, competitions, and other benefits; and
- 2. Accumulated rewards
- The ability to earn Flybuys or Airpoints Dollars™ rewards (see below).
- 1. Transaction Benefits
- We are partnered with Loyalty New Zealand Limited to offer you Flybuys and with Air New Zealand Limited to offer you Airpoints Dollars™ when you use your Clubcard. How you can earn Flybuys and Airpoints Dollars™ with your Clubcard is explained at clause 5 below.
- We may communicate with you to let you know about any Clubcard benefits that may be on offer at any time.
3. What does it cost to join Clubcard and how do I use it?
- Nothing! Clubcard is free to join and there is no card fee.
- You can join Clubcard by:
- Completing the online registration at clubcard.co.nz;
- Following the prompts on the New World app;
- Completing an application form at any New World store; or
- Calling 0800 80 70 70 and one of our Clubcard team will help you join.
- To join, you need to be an individual person who lives in New Zealand with a New Zealand mailing address.
- When you join Clubcard, you can choose to receive either a physical card or a digital card.
- The physical card will be posted to you, but will remain our property. You will need to return the card to us if we ask you to. While you are waiting for your card to arrive, a temporary barcode will be emailed to you. If your card is lost or stolen, let us know straight away by calling 0800 80 70 70 and we will get a replacement card to you.
- If you choose a digital card, you can access this via the New World app on your phone.
- To use your Clubcard, simply swipe it at the checkout or save it to your New World Online Shopping account. You can also use your Clubcard at other retailers where advertised.
- Your Clubcard is personal to you, and you can only have one. You cannot transfer the card or sell it to someone else. Only you are allowed to use the card. We may ask for proof of identification when you use the card.
4. What is a Tourist Club Deals Card?
- If you are a tourist to New Zealand without a New Zealand address, you can get a Tourist Club Deals Card. This is not a Clubcard. It does not earn any rewards but will give you access to Club Deals when shopping at New World. A Tourist Club Deals Card is temporary and will expire 3 months after it is issued.
5. How do I earn Clubcard rewards?
- You can be eligible to earn rewards when you use your Clubcard.
- The rewards available to earn are:
- Flybuys; or
- Airpoints Dollars™.
- When you join Clubcard, you can select one reward to earn. More details on each of these rewards is explained below.
- You will need to be a member of Flybuys or Airpoints if you want to earn those as rewards with you Clubcard. If you are not a member, you can choose one to join when you join Clubcard.
- If you want to change the reward you earn, you can go online to clubcard.co.nz or call 0800 80 70 70 to do this.
- If you opt to earn Flybuys on your Clubcard you must also be a member of Flybuys. Flybuys Membership Terms and Conditions and joining requirements will apply. These can be viewed at flybuys.co.nz. Information on earning Flybuys using your Clubcard, including minimum spend levels and non-qualifying items can also be viewed here. We do not operate the Flybuys programme.
- If you opt to earn Airpoints Dollars on your Clubcard you must also be a member of Airpoints. The Airpoints™ Programme is operated by Air New Zealand, so you will need to be aware of their terms and conditions at airnewzealand.co.nz. By becoming a member of Airpoints you will also receive a separate Airpoints card. We do not operate the Airpoints programme.
8. How do I use Clubcard to earn Flybuys or Airpoints Dollars?
- You can earn Flybuys or Airpoints with your Clubcard for every qualifying $25 you spend. This excludes any spending on Christmas Club deposits, gift cards, prepaid debit cards, travel card top ups, phone card top ups, tobacco products, New Zealand Lotteries tickets, fuel and any other fees, deposits and purchases that may be determined by us from time to time.
- A qualifying $25 spend at a New World store will earn 1 Flybuys or 0.185 Airpoints Dollars. We may change the earning rate from time to time, and will notify you by email of any change.
Qualifying spend NZD
- To earn your Flybuys or Airpoints Dollars, make sure to use your Clubcard at the New World checkout when shopping instore or online. If you forget to do this, we may add Flybuys or Airpoints Dollars manually to your account afterwards upon production of your valid receipt.
- You may also use your Clubcard to earn Flybuys on transactions with Flybuys retailers throughout New Zealand or to earn Airpoints Dollars at the following retailers and wholesalers (currently Liquorland, Trents and Gilmours). Each partner offers different earn rates and each such earn rate is subject to change from time to time. You will need to check online with Flybuys and Airpoints directly for these relevant earn rates. We will also endeavour to keep these Terms and Conditions updated with any changes to these earn rates.
- From time to time, you may be eligible to collect bonus Flybuys or bonus Airpoints Dollars using your Clubcard. Further terms and conditions may apply.
9. How do I change my Rewards programme?
- You can change your preferred Clubcard rewards programme by going online to clubcard.co.nz or calling us on 0800 80 70 70. This will take one to two weeks to process. Once your request is completed by us, you will be sent a new Clubcard that is branded with the rewards programme you have chosen. If you use a digital Clubcard, your digital Clubcard will be also be updated in the New World app with your chosen rewards programme.
- You will then be able to use the reward you have chosen (either Flybuys or Airpoints Dollars) on use of your new Clubcard in New World stores. However, you can’t transfer points from one rewards programme to the other.
10. New World Dollars
- If you select Flybuys as your reward, you can go to your Flybuys account and nominate your Flybuys to be put towards New World Dollars. This must be done on your Flybuys account before you can start earning New World Dollars.
- If you select New World Dollars as your Flybuys reward, 28 Flybuys points will earn you 5 New World Dollars. This earn rate is subject to change from time to time. You can use New World Dollars as a form of payment for purchases made instore or online at New World stores nationwide. 1 New World Dollar is equivalent in value to 1 New Zealand Dollar (NW 1 = $1 NZD) when used in New World stores. You can use either your physical or digital Clubcard to spend New World Dollars.
- You will need to load a PIN on your Clubcard before you can use your New World Dollars to pay for goods at New World. To set up your PIN, go online to clubcard.co.nz or call us on 0800 80 70 70.Once you have loaded a PIN on your Clubcard, New World Dollars can then be used as a form of payment for purchases made at New World stores.
- We may sometimes offer you the opportunity to obtain additional New World Dollars. There may also be opportunities to obtain New World Dollars through third-party providers that we work with.
- We may deduct New World Dollars from your Clubcard if these New World Dollars were loaded in error.
- The maximum New World Dollar balance you can have is 2,000 New World Dollars i.e. $2,000.
- Where New World Dollars are used as payment at New World, no change will be given. The amount of the purchase using New World Dollars will be deducted from the available New World Dollar balance on your Clubcard. Any remaining balance can be saved for future use. You can check your current balance at clubcard.co.nz or by calling us on 0800 80 70 70.
- If you have insufficient New World Dollars to cover the total cost of a purchase at New World, you can use New World Dollars as part payment together with another payment type.
- New World Dollars expire 24 months after the most recent New World Dollars have been loaded on to your Clubcard. Once expired, New World Dollars cannot be used or refunded in full or in part. Unused New World Dollar balances become nil on expiry.
- If you want to gift or transfer your New World Dollars, you will need to call us on 0800 80 70 70 to discuss.
11. What are New World Club Deals?
- We may offer specials and discounts on certain products to Clubcard members (“Club Deals”). To receive a Club Deal you must scan your Clubcard at the New World checkout at the time of purchase or, if you are shopping through New World’s online shopping service, have a Clubcard loaded on your online account before the time of payment for eligible purchases made online.
12. What do I have to do?
- By joining and using Clubcard, you agree to provide us with your correct name and contact details including your postal address, phone number and email address, and that you will keep these up to date. While we encourage you to keep your details up to date, we cannot be responsible for any loss of benefits if your details are out of date or inaccurate. You can go online to clubcard.co.nz or call 0800 80 70 70 to change and update your details.
- You are responsible for the safe keeping of your Clubcard, including any security details such as a PIN loaded on the Clubcard, and you must notify us immediately if your Clubcard is lost or stolen. We will not be responsible for any loss arising from you failing to safeguard your Clubcard, your PIN or security details.
13. What else should I know?
- We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, at any time without notice, to terminate Clubcard, decline to issue a Clubcard, amend these Terms and Conditions, alter or suspend any Transaction Benefit or Accumulated Rewards offering, and on reasonable grounds, withdraw, suspend or cancel a Clubcard and/or Clubcard membership.
- We are not liable for any delay in the delivery or replacement of a Clubcard, any loss, theft or damage of a Clubcard in the course of post or delivery, any system outages that prevent the use of New World Dollars as a payment option at a New World store (either instore or online) and any non-fulfilment of a Club Deal due to the unavailability of products at a particular New World store.
- On the death of a member their Clubcard membership will terminate. Any unused rewards (Flybuys or Airpoints) will be subject to the applicable reward programme terms and conditions.
14. How does New World handle my personal information?
15. How do I contact you?
- This table sets out the ways you can contact us if you would like to do any of the actions listed in the table:
What can we help with?
• Stolen or lost Clubcard
Call the Clubcard Helpline on 0800 80 70 70
• Changing your accumulated rewards programme selection
Log onto your Clubcard Account at clubcard.co.nz or call the Clubcard Helpline on 0800 80 70 70